Facebook and the other social networking sites can help you connect with your wedding guests and help connect them to one another.
Use it beforehand
- to keep people up-to-date on the progression of your planning.
- to introduce people to one another
- to ask for ideas or help on getting things accomplished.
- to up-date on any last minute changes in plan (or a weather change!)
use it afterwards
- to keep the community connected
- to follow up on stories that started at the wedding
- to tell people how great it all was
- to let people know about progress on a charitable endeavor if you either requested gifts or gave favors for a charity.
do NOT use it
- as a thank you note. they need to be snail mail and personal.
- if many people on your crowd are not the right age demographic to be tuned in. some of your grandparents will be on facebook… many will not!