You’re so lucky, as the Maid of Honor or Best Man, you’ve been chosen to offer an important wedding toast to the Bride and Groom. Here are the six things you want to include in your speech to really make it a great speech.
- A thank you for the invitation to witness the vows, the wonderful party and the honor of being the representative of this wonderful group.
- An acknowledgement of your joy at serving as your friend’s honor attendant in the midst of all these wonderful relationships.
- An introduction of your friend as a wonderful person and a wonderful partner to the new community.
- A review of the tight connections the bride and groom enjoy in this particular small and wonderful community.
- A challenge to all the community members to mingle and get to know one another throughout this great celebration.
- A celebration of why marriage matters, to this couple, to you, to the world.
Tip: Once you’ve written a sentence or two on each topic, raise your glass and wish your friends a lifetime of happy, healthy marriage. Hug your friends and sit down, satisfied you’ve done a great job!