Living in Peace with Alzheimer’s
A quiet candlelight vigil
For Caretakers and People affected by Alzheimer’s
Monday, March 23, 2009 – 7:30 – 8:30 pm
King Street Park
Northumberland, PA 17857
This event is being held the same day as a massive candlelight vigil for the eradication of Alzheimer’s on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC. Here at home we will gather in the darkness, lighting candles as beacons of hope and flames of commemoration.
• To witness to the many people affected by Alzheimer’s.
• To mourn the many changes affecting our loved ones and ourselves as the disease progresses.
• To understand that we are not alone in our struggle, though it may be solitary and isolating.
• In tribute to the courage of people living with Alzheimer’s and the shining moments of joy we share with them.
• To remember the loved ones who have died.
• To pray that the disease will someday be eradicated.
• To gather our strength for the journey ahead.
• To provide a peaceful moment to stand with others who understand.
Please join us. Candles will be provided. Please bring a chair if you would prefer to sit.
Presented by: Peaceful Measures & Rosancrans Consulting
Ann Keeler Evans, M.Div.
Victoria J. Rosancrans, LPN, CDP
Steve Mitchell, Master Drummer