I’m Ann Keeler Evans, Priestess and Peacemaker, and you are welcome here!
We need to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who are being questioned by life — daily and hourly. Our answer must consist, not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the task which it constantly sets for each individual. These tasks, and therefore the meaning of life, differ from person to person, and from moment to moment.
Viktor Frankl, 1905 – 1997
The Venn of Ann
Encompassing everything is Peace; Peacemaking is the ocean I have committed to swim in. It is the air I breathe. I work hard to keep the focus of all my work on Peacemaking.
Within are the circles representing my deepest talents. These are my gifts and the skills I have worked to develop. I create ritual in these arenas and I write, read, and reflect on them as well.
Tarot • Ritual • Community … and the places in between? Ah, those are where the magic happens:
Tarot – Ritual :
• Determine a course of action, then create a ritual dedicated to the work ahead.
• Recover from trauma by creating a ritual that purifies and moves the trauma into the non-active past.
• Seek out new possibilities and take the time to ritually commit to growing into what you hadn’t been able to imagine before.
Ritual – Community :
• Rites of passage for individuals, couples, and families that happen within proscribed communities.
• Celebrations and commemorations that concern the entire community, violence, regret, remembrance.
• Celebrations of dedication to possibility and peace.
Community – Tarot :
• Readings at gatherings that define what the community needs to work on.
• Readings for projects that examine the roles that will be needed to complete a project and who ought to be included.
• Readings that explore how groups can work together.
And in the center of it all, when the balance is right and I’m doing my best work, the Hickernell Springs Moon Fairy dances for joy.